Updated: Oct 18, 2019
So yesterday I celebrated my 24th birthday. In no specific order, here are 24 lessons I learned that I will carry with me for the rest of my life!
1. Isolating yourself in an unfavorable situation is one of the quickest ways to learn how to survive.
2. People are constantly not going to meet your expectations because they don't take as much pride in their work as you do.
3. When you go all in in regards to investing in yourself the chances of success are significantly higher.
4. Marriage is truly a gift.
5. Marriage is extremely difficult.
6. Many of the goals we have will take a significant amount of time; however, the main reason why we fail is because we're inpatient
7. Leadership is not a position of power, but a position of service to your people
8. If people are following you only because you're in charge, then they're following you for the wrong reason.
9. Genuine friendship is something that is actually very rare. Within my 24 years of life I've had many people fail this test and I've given them second changes. I'm proud to say that is no longer my truth.
10. People often say life is too short and although this may be true, there is so much that can be done over the course of this life we're given. There is nothing wrong with planning for the future.
11. Not to contrast #10, but I do feel that we prioritize the wrong things. Genuine time with friends and family and seeing the world are amongst my new number one priorities
12. If someone wants to dislike you, they'll find a reason no matter how difficult it is.
13. Some people don't care that they're causing an inconvenience to you (even if it's their job not to)
14. Having a sense of humor is super important.
15. If you are the smartest, strongest, or most advanced person in your circle of people...you're in the wrong circle
16. Happiness really is a choice. And when you choose to put yourself in the optimal situation to be happy, it is really achievable.
17. Blessing and praying for others will result in your prayers being answered as well.
18. It takes more effort to be a bad person than it does to be a good one.
19. People are gonna judge you (wrongly) no matter how hard you try
20. People are gonna belittle you and think what you have to say isn't important because they're older than you, make more money than you, they outrank you, etc. It is your job to make sure that you're heard at all times.
21. There are certain issues that you are going to just have to let go.
22. There are other issues that will require more time and effort to arrive to a solution. If you find yourself in that situation, don't give up because it'd be easier. Keep pushing for what is right.
23. Take care of people who take care of you. It'll pay off.
24. You're not going to be right all the time and that okay. But when you are right, don't let anyone tell you you're wrong.
Thank you again for all of the birthday wishes!!!